On This Page
Serverless version of ECS.
Serverless compute for containers.
AWS Fargate is a serverless, pay-as-you-go compute engine that lets you focus on building applications without managing servers.
Deploy and manage your applications, not infrastructure. Fargate removes the operational overhead of scaling, patching, securing, and managing servers.
Compatible with both Amazon Elastic Container Service (ECS) and Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS).
- Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE)
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
- Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)
- Azure Container Instances
- Cloud Foundry
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Container Engine for Kubernetes
- Web apps, APIs, and microservices
- Run and scale container workloads
- Support AI and ML training applications
Same type services: Elastic Container Service (ECS), Elastic Container Registry (ECR), Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS), Fargate
How AWS Fargate different from AWS ECS?
In AWS ECS, you manage the infrastructure - you need to provision and configure the EC2 instances. While in AWS Fargate, you don’t provision or manage the infrastructure, you simply focus on launching Docker containers. You can think of it as the serverless version of AWS ECS.